Well, it seems as if my buddy Kyle over at "As the Mind Wonders" has tagged me with the "Six Random Facts" meme . I wasn't aware that such a thing was going around until I got tagged - thanks Kyle! Anyway, after reviewing the rules, it looks as if I'm supposed to share a little something about myself. I have to say that this little game reminds me of a recent training class I went to. In order to encourage class participation, the instructor had everyone write on a sheet of paper something about themselves that know one or very few new about. The instructor gathered all the papers and began to randomly read what was written. The class then had to guess who the person was. It was kinda fun once the guessing began. Oh well, enough stalling, lets get this going...
1. I enjoy listening to a wide range of music, and like many others, my mood normally determines what I listen to. But what a lot of people don't know about me is that I enjoy listening to classical music. When stressed, its the best tool for me in relieving stress and helping me relax.
2. I'm not a big traveler. In fact, I have never flown before. For whatever reason I have a fear of flying - just call me the John Madden of the blogging community. I'm not saying that I never will fly, but I don't see it in my future any time soon...at least sober that is.
3. I am a big time procrastinator. I put things off all the time. I'm great at planning and organizing things in my mind on what needs to be done, but when it comes down down to it, I just put it off. Part of my problem is not laziness (well, maybe just a little bit), but the fact that I get distracted easy and often start on a new project before completing the last.
4. I am a sucker for technology and tech type gadgets. Whether it's just playing around or taking apart and fixing, I enjoy computers. I have been designated the tech go-to guy for my family and friends. In fact, before this blog I had a tech blog called "Bits & Bytes of Information"; however, it didn't last long.
5. Even though my blog is titled "Birds n' Such" I enjoy gardening as much as I do birdwatching. In a way I believe the two are tied together. I try to create/design my gardens in a way that's pleasing to me and benefits the birds and other wildlife at the same time. I also enjoy growing my own veggies. Nothing beats fresh vegetables for dinner! Look for more gardening related post in the near future.
6. I have a 17 year old son with autism. He was diagnosed with autism when he was about 3 years old. As young parents, we were overwhelmed and really had no clue what to do. Over time with a lot of love, learning, patience, therapy, and everything else involved with having a child with a disability, he has developed into a fine young man. He is currently in a special education program at a local high school and is doing very well. Things aren't perfect, but I wouldn't want them that way.
...and while I'm talking about myself, below is a photo of me, my 4 year old daughter and my 17 year old son.
Here are the rules for Six Random Things:
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Write six random things about yourself.
- Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
- Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
- Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Okay, as the rules state I must tag six others. No pressure if you don't want to participate, but really, it's fun and there's nothing to lose.
Lets see...I'll try not to pick someone who's already been tagged.